Engineering Design and Development (EDD) is the capstone course in the PLTW high school engineering program. It is an open-ended engineering course in which students work in teams to design and develop an original solution to a well-defined and justified humanitarian open-ended problem by applying an engineering design process.
The EDD course of study includes:
- Engineering Design Processes
- Project Management
- Documenting an Engineering Design Process
- Teamwork and Professional Skills
- Problem Identification and Justification
- Intellectual Property rights
- Design Requirements
- Project Proposals
- Design and Technical Drawings
- Testing a Prototype
- Documentation & Presenting the Process and Results
NOTE: Please DO NOT request access to the documentation as it will not be provided. Only students & faculty with a valid MCVSD email account will be able to access the sample project documentation.